Today we begin part two of our three-part series on some of the biggest and sometimes most overlooked reasons to make your health and fitness a bigger priority and find a gym! Today we take a look at reasons 8-14:
- You’ll be more confident: Who doesn’t wish they walked and talked with more confidence? A consistent exercise program will do just that. As your body becomes more fit, watch as your confidence sky-rockets.
- You’ll have fun: Believe it or not, exercise can be extremely enjoyable. Remember how fun it was to run around as a child? When you find a gym, you’ll tap into your inner child as you find a mode of exercise that gets you excited.
- You’ll reduce your blood pressure: Exercise has been proven more effective than medication in reducing blood pressure to normal levels. A single workout has been shown to reduce blood pressure for the day and regular exercise reduces overall blood pressure in the long run.
- You’ll lose the jiggles: Regular exercise tightens flabby arms, legs and waistlines. So wave goodbye to the jiggles with a solid exercise program.
- You’ll increase insulin sensitivity: Researchers at Laval University in Quebec discovered that exercise improved insulin sensitivity dramatically. Peak after-meal insulin levels dropped by more than 20 percent after as little as 3 weeks of consistent exercise.
- You’ll sleep better: Do you toss and turn for hours before falling asleep? Exercise is a powerful sleep aid. Your tired muscles encourage your body to quickly fall asleep so they can get their overnight repair work done.
- You’ll lower your risk of heart disease: Regular exercise strengthens your heart and makes it more resilient against disease. A sedentary lifestyle is a major risk factor for heart disease, so rest assured that consistent exercise is your ally against disease.
Check back on Friday for the final part of this blog series and get seven more great reasons to make that choice to better your health and fitness and find a gym! In the meantime, in your search to find a gym, take a look at the results our members see on a regular basis at www.teamafterburn.com/testimonals, like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/teamafterburn, or better yet, come to the studio and check out a class and sit down to discuss your health and fitness goals!